Do I need a business license to sell online in Malaysia?
The short answer is yes, you do. As long as you make money with your business – whether online or offline – you will need to register it with SSM. If you don’t, your business is considered illegal and you may face a hefty fine.
What online business can I start in Malaysia?
List of online businesses in Malaysia 2021:
- Sell products via Facebook Live video.
- Start an e-Commerce store.
- Sell Products on Malaysia Online Marketplaces.
- Online MLM Referral Program.
- Online Dropshipping Business.
- Selling eBooks Online.
- Publish and Sell Online Courses.
- Be a Website/Social content writer.
Do Online Businesses Need SSM?
“All online traders who carry out businesses via marketplace or e-commerce companies must register with SSM by end of December 2017. SSM will give a 30-day period for the traders to register after their businesses on the e-commerce platform become profitable.
How can I sell my product online for free in Malaysia?
Sell Your Products Easily in These 7 Awesome Apps!
- Carousell. Google Play Store: 500,000+ downloads. …
- Duriana. Google Play Store: 100,000+ downloads. …
- Lelong. Google Play Store: 100,000+ downloads. …
- M2U Pay Snap&Sell. Google Play Store: 10,000+ downloads. …
- eBay Malaysia. …
- Lamido. …
How can I legally sell online?
Six Steps to Selling Items Legally
- Get a Seller’s Permit. A business must obtain a seller’s permit if it sells physical items to the public. …
- Get a Wholesaler’s License. …
- Make Sure You Have No Trademark Issues. …
- Choose a Payment Gateway and Understand Their Limits. …
- Understand Shipping Restrictions. …
- Understand Customer Privacy.
How can I start a small business online in Malaysia?
So, what are the steps to start an online business in Malaysia?
- Determine your Product and Business Nature.
- Register your Company and Business with Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM)
- Build a Website, Get Hosting, Domain Name and Email Addresses.
- Design Your Website and Manage Your Content.
- Start Advertising and Promotions.
What is the best product to sell online in Malaysia?
While sources may differ on which products are the most popular when it comes to Malaysian eCommerce, it’s generally agreed that the three most popular categories in this market are: Electronics and media. Fashion and beauty.
Men and Women’s Fashion
- Bags and wallets.
- Muslim fashion.
How can I earn money online in Malaysia?
How To Make Money Online In Malaysia (2021)
- Make Money Online By Answering Questions And Surveys.
- Make Money Online By Being an E-hailing Service Driver.
- Make Money Online Through Affiliate Marketing.
- Make Money By Doing Freelance Jobs.
- Make Money Online By eCommerce.
- Sell Second-Hand Items.
- Become A Mystery Shopper.
What business should I start in Malaysia 2020?
Best Profitable Business Ideas In Malaysia 2020
- Export-Import. Most of the FDI is coming in Export & Import section. …
- Car wash & Automoblie. …
- IT Business. …
- Departmental store. …
- Construction or real estate business. …
- Furniture Factory or Show room. …
- Laundry. …
How can online business use SSM?
SSM Company Name Search Online System
- Visit to www.ssm-einfo.my.
- Click on the icon stating “Register“
- Fill in the “Registration Form“, then submit.
- Log in with your username & password.
- Under Company & Business Information, click on the icon “Search“
- Enter your desired company name in the box “By Name“
Do we need license for online business?
In conclusion, the answer to your question, “Do I need a business license to sell online?” is a big YES. When you start a new online small business, it’s never superfluous to obtain a business license, whether it’s required in your jurisdiction or not.
Does online business need to be registered?
Why Is It Necessary To Register Online Company? … When doing online business, you have to maintain a current account in the name of your business. To do this, you need to ensure that your business is a legal entity. To prove this, you get registered with the taxation authorities and also obtain establishment license.
What is the best app for selling?
Best Apps to Sell Stuff in 2021
- Best Overall: Facebook Marketplace.
- Best for Big-Ticket Items: eBay.
- Best for Local Sales: NextDoor.
- Best for Reaching the Largest Audience: CPlus for Craigslist.
- Best for Selling Quickly: OfferUp.
- Best for Clothing: Poshmark.
How can I advertise my product online for free?
These marketing ideas would not cost you money but require one time investment of your time.
- Marketing Idea #1 – Optimize Your Website For Search Engines. …
- Marketing Idea #2 – List Your Products In Business Directories. …
- Marketing Idea #3 – List On Google My Business (Local Business Listing)
What are the most selling products online?
With these products, the demand is assured, but so is the competition.
- Fashion items. Interestingly, fashion is the top selling industry in almost all of the world. …
- Trips and tourism. …
- Tech products. …
- Second-hand sales. …
- Books and Musis. …
- Educational Courses.