The Philippines is a tropical country in Pacific Ocean, blessed with beautiful natural landscapes – and active volcanoes and extreme weather patterns. The Philippines, consisting of some 7,107 islands, is located in the western Pacific Ocean. Taiwan lies to its north, and Vietnam to the west.
How do you describe the Philippines?
The Philippines is one of the world’s largest archipelago nations. It is situated in Southeast Asia in the Western Pacific Ocean. … With its topography consisting of mountainous terrains, dense forests, plains, and coastal areas, the Philippines is rich in biodiversity.
What is Philippines known for?
The Philippines is known for having an abundance of beautiful beaches and delicious fruit. The collection of islands is located in Southeast Asia and was named after King Philip II of Spain. Here are 10 interesting facts about the Philippines.
What is unique about the Philippines?
The Philippines is also home to world-renowned natural wonders like an underground river and rice terraces, incredible diving spots rich in biodiversity, colorful public transportation, unique cuisine, vibrant festivals that showcase its colorful culture, and friendly locals regarded as some of the happiest in the …
What can you say in the Philippines?
Greetings and Essentials
- Magandang araw! …
- Mano po (ma-no po) / Bless.
- Oo / Hindi (o-o / hin-di) / Yes / No.
- Salamat (sa-la-mat) / Thank you.
- Walang anuman (wa-lang a-noo-man) / You’re welcome.
- Paalam (pa-a-lam) / Goodbye.
- Nawawala ako (na-wa-wa-la a-ko) / I’m lost.
- Hinahanap ko (hi-na-ha-nap ko) / I’m looking for.
What is Philippines old name?
Spanish explorer Ruy López de Villalobos, during his expedition in 1542, named the islands of Leyte and Samar “Felipinas” after Philip II of Spain, then the Prince of Asturias. Eventually the name “Las Islas Filipinas” would be used to cover the archipelago’s Spanish possessions.
Why is Philippines considered blessed?
Answer Expert Verified
The Philippines is blessed with abundant natural resources, but because the country is made up of over 7,000 islands with steep and rocky volcanic terrain, travel and trade can be difficult. Mountain communities face isolation, and without access to markets, local economies are unable to grow.
What should I avoid in the Philippines?
A: When traveling to the Philippines, here are some of the things you should avoid:
- Don’t insult the country or its people.
- Don’t disrespect your elders.
- Don’t use first names to address someone older.
- Don’t show much of your valuable things in public.
- Don’t get offended too easily.
- Don’t go without prior research.
Is Philippines a third world country?
The Philippines is historically a Third World country and currently a developing country. The GDP per capita is low, and the infant mortality rate is high.
What are the famous food in the Philippines?
50 dishes that define the Philippines
- Adobo. No list of Filipino food would be complete without adobo. …
- Lechon. The lechon is the most invited party guest in the Philippines. …
- Sisig. Candice Lopez-Quimpo. …
- Crispy pata. …
- Chicken inasal. …
- Taba ng talangka. …
- Pancit Palabok. …
What are three interesting facts about the Philippines?
Interesting, Unusual and Fun Facts About The Philippines
- Filipinos love basketball. …
- The Philippines is the world’s number 2 producer and exporter of coconuts. …
- Filipinos are extremely sociable people. …
- Filipinos love to eat. …
- Guess the bird! …
- Let’s sing! …
- Filipinos love their shopping malls.
Why is Philippines beautiful?
A: Philippines is known for so many things: pristine beaches, breathtaking mountains, jaw-dropping lagoons, historic sites, and hospitable people.
What makes Filipino unique?
The Philippines has a very unique culture due to the influences of colonization and the surrounding countries. Filipino people are very hardworking and strive to make life better for the next generation of their family.
How do you say hi in Filipino?
To say “Hello” in Filipino, you say, “Kumusta?” or “Kumusta ka?” This literally translates to ‘How are you,’ but is commonly used to say, ‘Hello. ‘