The Thailand Special Tourist Visa (STV) is a special visa introduced by the Tourism Authority of Thailand for long-stay tourists who would like to travel to Thailand. … Update: The Thai Embassies and Consulates are currently issuing the normal 60-day tourist visa (SETV) and the special tourist visa (STV).
How do I get a special tourist visa for Thailand?
What are the requirements for a Thailand Special Tourist Visa?
- You must be from a low-risk country. …
- Proof of payment of your Alternative State Quarantine Facility. …
- Proof of accommodation after the quarantine. …
- Proof of travel medical insurance. …
- Proof of at least 500,000 THB in a bank account.
Do I need a visa to go to Thailand?
U.S. citizen tourists entering Thailand for fewer than 30 days do not require a visa. We strongly recommend that your passport be valid for at least six months beyond the date of your arrival in Thailand to avoid possible denied entry. … If you overstay your visa, you will be fined.
What is special tourist visa for Thailand?
Thailand will be issuing new special visas for tourists amid the COVID-19 pandemic. This type of Thai visa is called Thailand Special Tourist Visa or STV, which is designed mainly for those who want to make long stays. With STV visa, tourists will be allowed to enter Thailand and stay up to 9 months in the country.
Is tourist visa free for Thailand?
The VISA EXEMPTION RULE allows tourists from 64 countries1 to enter Thailand without a visa. They are granted to stay a maximum of 30 days if they are entering Thailand via an international airport or entering through a land border checkpoint from neighboring countries. … The visit is strictly for tourism purposes.
Can I stay in Thailand for 1 year?
3. One Year Multiple Entry Non-immigrant Visa. The 1-Year Non-Immigrant Thai visa issued to foreigners who wish to obtain a long term visa to stay in Thailand. … It requires the visa holders to exit and re-enter Thailand every 90 days by air, sea, or land travel.
Can I get a 6 month visa for Thailand?
Americans and travelers from all over the world can now obtain a six month multiple-entry Thailand tourist visa. These new multiple entry visas will replace the countries current double and triple entry visas. … Single entry visas currently cost $40 USD, and the six month, multiple entry visas cost $200 USD.
How can I marry a girl in Thailand?
Requirements for Thai Nationals:
- Identification Cards of both parties.
- The House Registration Certificates of both parties.
- Person filing has previously registered marriage – If divorced, proof of divorce must be shown; in the event of spousal death (the applicant is a widow or widower) proof must accompany application.
Which countries are visa free to Thailand?
List of Visa-Free Countries for Thailand Passport holders
- Armenia: Visa on Arrival required.
- Bahrain: Visa on Arrival required.
- Bolivia: Visa on Arrival required.
Can I live in Thailand permanently?
Obtaining status as a Permanent Resident (PR) in Thailand has many advantages. It allows you to live permanently in Thailand, with no requirement to apply for an extension of stay. … You will also be able to apply for an extension of stay and Permanent Resident status for your non-Thai family members.
How do I get an STV visa for Thailand?
- A foreign applicant must e-mail Thailand Longstay Company (firstname.lastname@example.org) to submit his/her intention to apply for the Special Tourist Visa (STV). …
- The company will send the photo of the passport to the Thai Immigration Bureau to check the applicant’s criminal record.
How do I get a STV visa for Thailand?
Step 1 : Required Documents for STV
- An Original passport must be valid not less than 12 months of the day of your travel to Thailand, with one (1) copy.
- A completed visa application form (Download here)
- A recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months.
How long can I stay in Thailand on a tourist visa?
The tourist visa must generally be used within 90 days from the date of issue and allows an initial stay of 60 days. After arrival in Thailand, a tourist visa may be extended at the discretion of an immigration officer once for an additional 30 days with the total period of stay no longer than 90 days.
Can I get a Thai visa at the airport?
List of Thailand’s Immigration Checkpoints which provide facilities for issuance of visa on arrival: Suvarnabhumi Airport. Don Muang International Airport, Bangkok. Chiangmai International Airport, Chiangmai.
How much does a Thai visa cost?
The price of the visa is 2000 THB (about $65,) and you need to pay it at the service counter at the immigration checkpoint.
How much is a 60 day visa for Thailand?
VISA ELIGIBILITY BY NATIONALITY:
It may be possible to extend the 60-day stay by a further 30 days by visiting a local Thai Immigration Office. The fee for the extension is THB1900. The validity of this visa is 3 calendar months from date of issue.